Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Jewellery Storage

When my collection of costume jewellery starting getting quite large i started scouring the Internet for ideas on how to store it, all i could find where companies trying to sell special plastic boxes to put things in and wire mesh to put earrings in, but then where are you supposed to store the boxes and mesh???

I like to see my jewellery, if its not in front of me when I'm choosing an outfit i forget about it and just end up wearing my everyday jewellery. so i came up with a solution....


The side of my wardrobe was completely wasted space!


I bought these stick on hooks for about 2€ for 10, you can probably get them in pound shops and places like that, they are ideal for hanging necklaces and as long as you do not put too much weight on them, they stay stuck.


My dangly earrings are hooked over fishing wire attached to a screw-in hook at each end, so i have four lines of fishing wire here (& 8 hooks), earrings without hooks have been left on the plastic so they can be hooked over the wire.

More necklaces on another wardrobe, i prefer to keep my gold coloured necklaces here and the silver on the other wardrobe. i really don't like gold and silver coloured things together. ( yes i know I'm strange)


I keep bangles, cuffs and bracelets in 2 small paper shopping bags, i also keep rings in a small glass bowl but i forgot to take a picture.

I am not trying to brag or show off what i have got, most of this was very inexpensive to buy and/ or bought in the sales, the few more expensive items i have were given to me as birthday gifts over the years, it has taken me years for the collection to grow this big, i don't throw things away.

I keep my real jewellery and watches in a proper jewellery box away from heat and sunlight to protect the precious metals and stones.

I hope this helps somebody looking for jewellery storage ideas.

2 comments: