Monday, January 30, 2012

I Love.... My IPad

I got my IPad from my parents for Christmas, before any one thinks I'm a completely spoilt brat i did sell my old apple laptop and my digital camera to put towards the cost. It is the 16gb white Ipad 2, i don't really need a higher capacity, 16gb is enough for all of my apps, a few music albums, a few films, plenty of books and thousands of photos so I'm all set.






I got this case on Ebay, sorry i cant remember which seller but there are lots of companies selling this exact case in lots of different colours and patterns. I paid 8.99 pound for mine and think it is excellent value for money. The case itself is artificial leather with an elastic strap ( which also protects the camera), inside is a soft artificial suede fabric which helps to clean the screen of fingerprints every time you close the case, it also cushions the screen if you drop it.

As you can see you can use the case as a stand either horizontal or vertical for watching films, TV, photo slide shows or reading books etc, it is sturdy and can be set to different degrees, it is a nice solid case and definitely offers full protection, it also has magnets in the cover like the apple smart cover has so that when you open it the Ipad "wakes up" and when you close the cover it "goes to sleep".

Some of my favourite Apps


IBooks- probably my most used app. There are lots of really good free books in the bookstore and of course all of the recently published books, which i think are overpriced, i have found some really good books for less than a pound though. I also use ibooks for reading pdf´s and magazines downloaded in pdf format. much easier than carrying books around with you and when you get bored of reading one you can just switch to another, i like how you can change the font size and brightness for reading at night as well.




                                                
4OD and ITV player are my 2 most watched TV catchup services, i do have apps
for other TV channels but i don't tend to watch them very often. We do have English sky TV so i only need to use these if i have missed something that i wanted to watch, always handy to have though.



Facebook- i don't think i need to state the obvious here

Twitter- i am quite new to twitter, i still don't really get it, i prefer to update my status on facebook. I suppose if you have lots of followers then the interaction with them would make twitter more appealing but as i don't, i don't find it that interesting, I'm trying to get into it a bit more.

Dropbox- a bit of a geeky favourite app, but it is the easiest way to transfer things from my PC to my ipad quickly and easily especially pdf documents and films etc...

Angry birds- i tried not to succumb to this for so long after everybody declared it addictive, I've had iphones for over 3 years and made sure i did not download this but i couldn't resist on the lovely big ipad screen and after a few games i was hooked.

Lego Harry Potter- I love Harry Potter, when this was reduced for Christmas on the app store i had to get it, it was a discount of about 6 pound and this is the full console version ( same as xbox, wii etc.) of years 1-4 apparently. I love it but it does stress me out a bit and its not a quick game so its good if you have an hour or 2 with nothing to do.

Mahjong Towers HD- my favourite game of all time, i love mahjong and always have, the graphics on this one is brilliant and its great if you only have 10 minutes to waste, you can usually complete one game in that time.

Most of the apps listed were free, in fact most of the apps i have were free, i don't see the point in spending money when there are so many brilliant apps out there for free. i will only pay for those which i think will be worth it. eg Mahjong towers and Lego Harry Potter.

What are you favourite apps? any recommendations?

No comments:

Post a Comment