Friday, January 27, 2012

5 good things

So its Friday already and that means its time for my 5 good things of the week

1. Blogging - i am really enjoying blogging, having an outlet to talk about things i love is really making me happy, even if nobody is reading at least i get to talk about things, having no friends in this country is really hard for me and just getting my views out there and hoping that they will be of benefit to somebody else is making it all worthwhile.

2. Followers - i now have 11 followers and i am grateful to each and every one of you for taking the time to follow me, i am finally starting to feel that i am not just talking to myself.

3. I realised today how lucky i am that my boyfriend does the majority of the housework, i do most of the cooking and a lot of washing up but he does pretty much everything else, i know most girls would love to have that.

4. Fiesta of Santa Agueda this week - I live in the countryside, but to get to our house you have to drive through a tiny village which is attached to the main village by a long road lined with terraced houses, there is a small church square and every year at the end of January the villagers celebrate with a fiesta for the patron saint " Santa Agueda" The road is filled with stalls selling handmade candles, baskets, jewellery, sweets, olives and other nicknack's and there is a candlelit parade to guide the statue of the patron from the tiny church to the church in the bigger village where there is a full fairground set up. While i am not religious at all its nice to have something to do and see so close to the house. The only downside is i have to park about a mile away from my house and walk there when the stalls are set up because there isn't space for cars to get through.

5. Nails - i infilled my gel nails last weekend and now they look like this
All nice again, i prefer to do french tips, i think they always look clean and smart and when they start to grow out i can paint them and take advantage of my ever growing nail polish collection. Today while catching up on my you tube subscriptions one of the suggested videos in the side bar was for water marbling, so i watched it and was totally amazed!!  i am a qualified nail technician and i had never seen this before, where have i been? living under a rock?  i have to try this, here is the first video i watched, Amazing!!!!



What are your 5 good things of the week?

No comments:

Post a Comment