Thursday, February 9, 2012

Skin saviours

These are my skin saviours, my go-to products when my skin is misbehaving


1. Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream- the original cult beauty product. I have been using this for years, especially on dry hands and feet, cracked lips (i prefer the lip-balm format for this though, purely because it less messy) and cuticles and even on split ends, i know a lot of people don't like the smell but i like it. Available in department stores worldwide and many places online. ( i usually stock up in duty free when i fly anywhere because you can always get travel edition packs at reduced prices)

2. Argan oil- there has been a lot of hype surrounding this recently with many brands introducing argan oil into their products, it is excellent for repairing and moisturizing and i use it on my hands and face at night, the only thing i dislike about this is the smell, i really don't like the smell but i am willing to put up with it for the results it gives. i just have plain Argan oil which i bought from a pharmacy, you can also usually find it in health food shops.

3. Bio Oil- Again another product with a lot of hype surrounding it, this is another product i use as a facial moisturiser at it helps to heal acne scars and reduce the red blotchy pigmentation i have on my cheeks, according to their website it also helps reduce fine lines and wrinkles, but luckily i don't have any of them yet, i don't think i can put that down to the bio oil though as my mum is in her late forties and only just starting to get fine lines. I did buy this product originally to try and reduce the appearance of old stretch marks ( that is its main marketing ploy after all) but it didn't have any effect on them at all, although i know it has worked well for other people. Available in pharmacies, some supermarkets and online.

Both of my last 2 products i use for healing wounds, cuts and spots

4. Sudocrem- this is the best thing in the world for healing spots, as soon as one starts to appear i apply a generous coat of this, 8/10 times the spot wont even fully appear and the ones that do appear heal so much faster with regular application of Sudocrem. I have PCOS and get a few nasty spots around my chin and mouth at that time of the month and this really helps diminish them. I have tried every fancy spot cream out there and this is the winner for me. it is also brilliant on eczema, cuts and scrapes and if its good enough for a babys bum its good enough for my face/ body. Available in all UK supermarkets and pharmacies and it is now available in a squeezy tube, ideal for keeping in your bag.

5. Tea tree oil- another brilliant healer and antiseptic, i usually apply this before sudocrem to any cuts scrapes or spots, it disinfects and heals. my boyfriend also uses it on cold sores and it definitely helps them heal quicker. I buy mine at The Body Shop but it is available in most pharmacies and health shops.

1 comment:

  1. Hello! Lovely blog:) I'm a new blogger/writer and I just added myself to your followers for support! Maybe you could come follow me too?
    Thanks so much!
    Emily, from http://emilymmeyers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete