Sunday, August 19, 2012

Notd: Subtle stripes

I was starting to get bored of solid single colour nails so when I found a striping brush in my nail kit the other night I decided to play around. I only had a few nail polish colours with me so decided on a colour only a few shades different from what I was already wearing. I like the subtlety of the stripes and to add a little interest I added a fimo nail art flower to the ring fingers.

unfortunately the striper brush was a cheap one and it didn't hold the shape very well so when I have invested in a new one I will have a play around with lots of other colours. I think a really pale, possibly white base with pastel coloured candy stripes will look good

For this look I did 2 coats of some random cheap pinky/ purple colour then stripes of Kiko 313, I added a clear topcoat and applied the flower while it was still wet then added another coat over the top when it was dry. I am really surprised that the flowers have not come off or even lifted at all yet and they have been on for 5 days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment